Monday 28 January 2013

'Hisab' Management ;) (Ruby on rails)

I recently developed a small application to track the money in your friend circle. I made this application for my own use. As me and my friends (like everyone) travels a lot. So after coming from a tour  the answer to big question " who will pay who and how much " was quite difficult and hectic. So I tried to make it more easy with the help of this application.

It is developed in rails. The github for the app can be found in here. Just clone it and run rake db:migrate and you are ready to use it.(For ruby on rails user)

Moreover you can also use the application directly.Just go to this link http://hisab.herokuapp.com/.
(Note: The data submitted is right now open for all, so it can be seen by everyone. So I hope you will not enter any confidential data :P )

The app is quite basic right now, but I will enhance it further. Suggestions are most welcome !!!

Demo for the app->

1) Go to  http://hisab.herokuapp.com/.
2) Click on New Event link

3) Enter name of the even and click on submit button.
4) Enter name and the amount the participant paid.

5) Keep on adding the participants and their contribution.

6) The amount a person will get or give will appear.

7) A list will be shown which tells who will give the money to whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment